[Erp5-users] upgrade from 1.0rc3 to 1.0rc8 formatted HD?

Bartłomiej Górny bartek at redpoint.mn.pl
Fri Feb 17 14:10:19 CET 2006

david atlan (PHENO) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a PC on which I had formatted the HD with the 1.0RC3 liveCD. I
> would like now to upgrade my test system to the 1.0RC8 version and
> thought  I could just again format the HD, but this is not possible.
> When I chose  the option to format the disk, I get: "your hard disk has
> been reformatted  already".
> To upgrade from RC3 to RC8 what do I actually need to do? Just change
> the  cdrom?

Yes.

> Is there an option to install everything on the HD and boot without a
> cdrom?

Yes there is - see last month's archives of erp5-dev mailing list, there
is a thread about rpm installation on Mandriva 2006.

Bartek

> Cheers,
>
> David

"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"