[Erp5-users] upgrade from 1.0rc3 to 1.0rc8 formatted HD?

Kevin Deldycke kevin at nexedi.com
Fri Feb 17 14:32:28 CET 2006

Le Vendredi 17 Février 2006 13:51, david atlan (PHENO) a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a PC on which I had formatted the HD with the 1.0RC3 liveCD. I
> would like now to upgrade my test system to the 1.0RC8 version and thought
> I could just again format the HD, but this is not possible. When I chose
> the option to format the disk, I get: "your hard disk has been reformatted
> already".
> To upgrade from RC3 to RC8 what do I actually need to do? Just change the
> cdrom?

In theory, just changing the CD-Rom is enough.

Between rc3 and rc8, ERP5 has evolve a lot so the persistent data on your
current HDD could be outdated. In this case, and If the data and
configuration of your previous ERP5 has no value and can be destroyed, then
yes, you can reformat your HDD.

FYI, the Live CD don't let you reformat your HDD if a previous installation of
ERP5 is found. I think it could be great to let the user do it. I would like
to add this feature in a future release of live cd.

Anyway, if you want to erase your HDD, delete the content of /mnt/erp5_cd,
then reboot your machine. You will have the default welcome screen that ask
you if you want to erase your HDD.

Again: do this only if you accept to delete your previous ERP5 data from your
HDD !

> Is there an option to install everything on the HD and boot without a
> cdrom?

No. You can install a Mandriva 2006 than install ERP5 using our RPMs
Repository.

--
  Kev.