[Erp5-users] Whats the status of ERP5 and Z3ERP

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Sun Jan 1 18:19:18 CET 2006

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> The general redomendation that I have read on this mailing list is
> not to install the individual components from scratch. Many of the
> products have been tweaked for ERP5. Nexedi have released a "Live CD"
> which contains Mandriva Linux and a fully working installation of
> ERP5. This worked fine for us after setting the appropriate options

This depends on what you mean by "working". I found that I was not able
to do much at all with the livecd and didn't really learn a thing from
it. If you don't already know ERP5 you probably won't accomplish much
with the livecd. It desperately needs some documentation. I am currently
working on learning the python/zope stack in hopes of diving into an
ERP5 project in the future. Once I do I hope to be able to contribute
something.

--
Tracy R Reed
http://copilotconsulting.com