[Erp5-users] Live CD and serial ATA

Yoshinori Okuji yo at nexedi.com
Tue Jan 25 15:45:24 CET 2005

On Saturday 22 January 2005 15:58, Bartłomiej Górny wrote:
> Are SATA drivers missing in LiveCD distro? And if so, do you plan to
> add them?

I now understand why the Live CD does not detect SATA. This is because
we specify "noscsi" to the Live CD. Because SATA is treated as a SCSI
device under Linux, "noscsi" disables the detection of SATA as well as
real SCSI devices.

A workaround for this is on Linux:

# test -d /mnt/cdrom || mkdir /mnt/cdrom
# mount -o loop erp5.iso /mnt/cdrom
# sed -i 's/noscsi//' /mnt/cdrom/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
# umount /mnt/cdrom

Then, this CDROM image will detect SCSI and SATA.

We specify "noscsi", because we found that the SCSI hardware detection
can freeze some machines. So I don't know how to circumvent this
problem. I will check if a newer kernel can probe SCSI devices without
crashing a machine.

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi Research Director
ERP5: Free / Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies