[Erp5-users] Q: Installing the Live CD on a hard drive?

Alexandre Boeglin alex at nexedi.com
Tue Jan 25 12:13:07 CET 2005

Le mardi 25 Janvier 2005 10:59, Sebastian Ware a écrit :
> Is it possible to install the live cd on a hard drive tom improve
> performance?

Actually, the main goal of LiveCD distribution is to be able to update
an ERP5 installation by just burning the new version of the liveCD and
rebootig the server.

If you really NEED to install it on the disk (which isn't necessary if
you have enough RAM) you can search the web for infos about some
livecd-install script provided by the livecd project
(livecd.berlios.de) (which is used to build the liveCD)... But I think
it has never been tested by nexedi, and I'm not even sure it is
available on the ERP5 LiveCD.

Regards,
Alex