[Erp5-users] Just a splash window...

Bartłomiej Górny bartek at gorny.najlepsze.pl
Thu Jan 20 10:16:48 CET 2005

Yoshinori Okuji wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 January 2005 22:19, alessandro bottoni wrote:
>
>>I did not understand that ERP5 provided a framework _only_. I
>>expected that it supplied a working "demo site" as well (as it is
>>going to happen, actually).
>

> ERP5 is not only a framework but a combination of a framework and
> applications on it (this description is not very accurate, though).

The problem is not in that ERP5 is a framework and not a complete
out-of-the box app; the problem is in that the it refuses to work,
barebone or not, no matter if you install it from rpm-s, checkout the
CVS version or whatever. Apparently the various pieces of which the
whole ERP5 is made of are being developed separately and current
versions are not compatible with each other, correct me if I'm wrong.
What we need (or, more precisely, what I think I need) is just a set of
packages that fit each other, so that I can start up a barebone site and
work from there.

Bartek Górny

--
"Good evening. Tonight 'Spectrum' looks at one of the major problems in
the world today - that old vexed question of what is going on. Is there