[Erp5-dev] erp5 and cmf 1.5.x

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Fri Nov 25 16:03:29 CET 2005

Le jeudi 24 Novembre 2005 15:35, Rafael Monnerat a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I try install the ERP5 and CPS and ERP5CPS but I didn't have any sucess.
> I didn't find any guide, howto, or something about this.
>
> Rogerio asked for to me to search on the tools that can be used. we ( on
> NPSSD) want to use the ERP5, but we study many possibilities.
>
> The solution with ERP5 needs to have a CMS and support a FileSystem files
> storage. ( Catalog this files, and catalog PDF, DOC, SXW on ZODB and
> FileSystem).

If you only need to store files in ERP5 (images, docs, etc.), there is no
need for a CMS. ERP5 supports FileSystem file storage natively as well as
in the ZODB. We have used it to manage 10 GB of image data in apparel, with
complete versioning (undo) and webdav access support. It was fine.

We did the same recently to generate OpenOffice documents out of ERP5 with
embedded images and tables.

What is your idea behind combining a CMS and an ERP ? (I am asking you this
question because I thought a lot about it and I am interested in your
opinion).

JPS.

--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software