[Erp5-dev] erp5 and cmf 1.5.x

Rafael Monnerat rmonnerat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 17:15:06 CET 2005

Hi Jean-Paul,

2005/11/25, Jean-Paul Smets <jp at nexedi.com>:

> Le jeudi 24 Novembre 2005 15:35, Rafael Monnerat a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I try install the ERP5 and CPS and ERP5CPS but I didn't have any sucess.
> > I didn't find any guide, howto, or something about this.
> >
> > Rogerio asked for to me to search on the tools that can be used. we ( on
> > NPSSD) want to use the ERP5, but we study many possibilities.
> >
> > The solution with ERP5 needs to have a CMS and support a FileSystem
> files
> > storage. ( Catalog this files, and catalog PDF, DOC, SXW on ZODB and
> > FileSystem).
> >

> If you only need to store files in ERP5 (images, docs, etc.), there is no
> need for a CMS. ERP5 supports FileSystem file storage natively as well as
> in the ZODB.

I don't find any it's anyware, how I do? Do ERP5 Just store or catalog too?

We have used it to manage 10 GB of image data in apparel, with
> complete versioning (undo) and webdav access support. It was fine.

We did the same recently to generate OpenOffice documents out of ERP5 with
> embedded images and tables.

It's very interesting to  us.

What is your idea behind combining a CMS and an ERP ? (I am asking you this
> question because I thought a lot about it and I am interested in your
> opinion).

It's a Rogério's Project ( From Cefet Campos). The project is a GRP to an
city hall. Rogério ask me to search some solutions  to do this. And I
started with ERP5, because we were planning an SCM implametation ( from
rogério's Thesis).
I don't know all about this project ( not start yet), but I'm testing and
discuss with rogério the results.

Rogério maybe discribe better than I ...

We really wanna use the ERP5, but I think the ERP5 needs an CMS without use
CPS, Plone or other stuff.
I'm not having much time in this and next week to test all stuff, but I will
do It.

JPS.

> > The CPS are in my Search plans with ERP5.

> > > Don't use Plone.
> > >
> > > Use CPS instead ;)
> > >
> > > 1. It's better.
> > >
> > > 2. We have already worked in the past in integrating CPS and ERP5, and
> > > we'd like you to help ;)
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > >   S.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Stéfane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
> > > Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server: http://www.nuxeo.com/cps
> > > Gestion de contenu web / portail collaboratif / groupware / open
> > > source!
> >
> > --
> > Rafael M. Monnerat
> > http://monnerat.objectis.net
>
> --
> Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
> Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software
> http://www.nexedi.com
> ERP5: Libre/ Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies
> http://www.erp5.org
> Rentalinux: Desktop Linux Server
> http://www.rentalinux.com

Rafael M. Monnerat