[Erp5-users] What companies provide Erp5 Technical Support since Nexedi doesn't?

Nicolas Dumazet nicolas.dumazet at nexedi.com
Fri Jan 14 03:01:37 CET 2011

On 01/14/2011 10:00 AM, SoftwareRadioGuy wrote:
> Nicolas Dumazet,
>

> Your lacking Intellectual Integrity when you reply while at the same
> time ignore
> what really occurs through " Nexedi's Community Support ".  But this is
> par for
> the course as you are a Employee of Nexedi correct?

I'm sorry, I hoped for 2 seconds that a calm debate was possible,
apparently I was wrong.
Please assume good faith. I do not know you, you are using an
anonymous/opaque nick and so on ;) On the other hand, I write using my
own name, you can Google it, and perhaps convince yourself that I do not
spend the most of my time trolling people ;)

> My replies below:

[...]

>     and did this for free...
>

> Yes, he replied initially to me.  I then replied as follows, and NEVER
> HEARD FROM
> ANYONE FROM NEXEDI AGAIN:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.zope.erp5.general/1334/match=
>
> *Why would you leave that out?  No guessing needed.*

Well, I didnt want to point that out, but you failed to locate a file
that is 2 folders deep... the "./var/etc/supervisord.conf".

I'm not sure what to say, as we pointed out several times, the buildout
is created dozens of times a day, and test results are published
publicly. It's fair game to say that something that is not covered in
the tests (different archi, different distro, or usecase we didn't think
of) might be broken; but in your case you are right in the middle of the
target. It's tested.

So perhaps it's time to ask yourself: "did I do anything wrong?" instead
of blaming Nexedi ;)
While I'm answering you, I have another buildout running, and:
  $ ls instance/var/etc/
  cloudooo.conf  my.cnf  supervisord.conf

Did you even try a standard unix "find"?
I mean, look at you, we assume standard knowledge of Unix, and expect
users to try to dig around themselves a bit. I can't do everything for you.

I think that in your case, you looked for the supervisord.conf in the
SOFTWARE buildout, while it's in the INSTANCE buildout.

So, yes, Arnaud did loose faith and stopped answering. It's human
afterall, and he was only volunteering for this task.

I don't think that you need to be this aggressive.

Cheers!

--
Nicolas Dumazet
Nexedi