[Erp5-users] What companies provide Erp5 Technical Support since Nexedi doesn't?

Rafael Monnerat rafael at nexedi.com
Fri Jan 14 02:46:21 CET 2011

Well,

I don't see why this is relevant and what you want to prove but:

http://www.softwarepublico.gov.br/

Search for ERP5 BR, it shows "3490 membros", all of them can participate
of the discussion and they voluntary join the community. Why they don't
post thousants of messages? No idea, why they are not super active? No
idea. But few of them are interested into contribute, posting missing
dependencies for setup.

On 13-01-2011 23:10, SoftwareRadioGuy wrote:
> Rafael,
>

> >*Only shows a TOTAL of 23 posts since October of last year.*
> >http://www.softwarepublico.gov.br/dotlrn/clubs/erp5/forums/forum-view?forum_id=23751974
> >The community launched officialy was 11/12/10 (December 12th 2010,
> one month ago) and not in >October (why do you think it is october?).
> And this is not 23 posts, but 23 treads of discussion, >the columns
> "Respostas" is the number of replies each discussion has.
>

> My mistake, I was looking at the dates wrong.
>
> My apologies, but where are the 1600+ members of the Brazilian Erp5
> Community
> that JP Smets replied to Bartek about?
>
> In what forum are these 1600+ Brazilian members?  I'm interested as
> mabye I can
> get some answers to common questions that dont get answered here.
>
>     >*The Brazil Erp5-Developers list shows ZERO POSTS?!?!?!?*:
>
>     >http://www.softwarepublico.gov.br/dotlrn/clubs/erp5/forums/forum-view?forum_id=23751414
>

> >Well, this forum is new anyway, people seems prefer the other user
> one. I don't know why in fact. >Probably they are more interested into
> use it.
>
> LOL!  So you are telling everyone here on this mailing list, that out
> of the 1600+ Brazilian Members your boss, JP Smets, told Bartek you
> guys have, NONE OF THEM POSTS?
Aff, I said they use the other forum, not this one forum.

> Just not believable at all, and your company is still ignoring the
> fact that Nexedi is
> KNOWN for leaving people hanging when it comes to Erp5.
>
> We honestly need a entity who will HONESTLY, with INTEGRITY, provide
> support
> for Erp5 while Nexedi created Erp5, your UNFORTUNATELY, not good at
> supporting
> its users from what you can find online.
>
> Why is that?  Does it REALLY have to be this way?
>
> Awaiting your reply
Well, I can reply.

It is 23h30 here in Brazil, I already leave work quite long time ago
(5hours to be more precise), and I'm voluntaree replying your messages
because I beleave you are a bit agressive, and I'm interested to know why.

What I do not understand is why do you want Nexedi have to provide good
support for free? I beleave open source support is done by volunteers
people which work or not at Nexedi.

I really don't know you, did you ever created or contributed with code
to any opensource software?

Regards,
Rafael Monnerat