[Erp5-users] Problems after installing modules

Pelletier Vincent vincent at nexedi.com
Mon Feb 18 10:02:51 CET 2008

Le Samedi 16 Février 2008 21:54, Carl Anthony a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have wanting to install erp5, and finally found time to get this done.
>
> I have installed the system, but it seems some biz templates I install keep
> breaking the system.  I have gone through the steps of: create a site,
> install base templates, progressively add extra templates ... all works
> fine, until I install a certain template, but I cannot tell exactly which
> one: altough erp5_xhtml_style and erp5_html_style are the prime suspects.

erp5_html_style is superseeded by erp5_xhtml_style, and has not been updated
for some time.
All its features should be provided by xhtml style nowadays, so I advise you
not to install it - unless you found something missing in xhtml style.

> The symptoms of my problem is that most things work, but links on existing
> subpages fail because an extra 'view/' string is appended to the URL (for
> example: http://sum.site.com:8080/voix/portal_templates/view/view instead
> of http://sum.site.com:8080/voix/portal_templates/view) .. when this
> happens, going to the browser address bar and deleting 'view/' actually
> leads to the destination URL being displayed correctly.

I believe it is a problem because of html style. It used to append that
"/view" systematicaly, IIRC.

> A second issue is that it seems the jump menus on top of each page fail
> because Base_doAction fails to pick up on the parameter passed to it (an
> example parameter is: instance
> ...  below is the log entry for this side effect.

Again, it looks much like html style fault (and further changes to erp5_core):
it depends on script from erp5_core (Base_doAction is one example), and their
API changed for xhtml style. During some time, those scriptsin their updated
form were only present in xhtml style business template to ease upgrade, but
I think they were put in place of their old versions in erp5_core some months
ago.

--
Vincent Pelletier