[Erp5-dev] Status of ZSQLCatalog

Santi Camps santicamps at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 13:10:34 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Racinet Georges <georges at racinet.fr>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> First post on this list, feel free to redirect If this isn't the right
> place !
>
> Let me introduce myself : I am currently the main maintainer of CPS,
> the content management framework developped by Nuxeo on top of Zope 2
> and CMF prior to their switch to the Java world.
>
> I've never had the opportunity to really work myself with ZSQLCatalog,
> although I've seen a few in the wild being used as a ZCatalog
> replacement in CPS installations, but today might be interested with
> that option.
> Depending on the environment and actual usage,  such a solution can be
> more effective and/or manageable than the Lucene based ZCatalog
> replacement we have (NXLucene server and CPSLuceneCatalog).
>
> Now the questions :
>
>    - is ZSQLCatalog considered an active project ? There are recent
> changesets in svn, but that doesn't really look like active development.
>    - what is the transactional behaviour ? Am I right to think it's
> simply not part of the overall transaction ? Any plans to leverage
> something like z3c.sqlalchemy (provides two-phase commit out of the
> box) ?
>    - what are the currently supported Zope versions ? For the record,
> right now, CPS runs on Zope 2.9.x (x >= 7)
>
> Needless to say, if we were to make ZSQLAlchemy a standard option in
> CPS, we would be glad to contribute.
>
> Thanks for your attention
> --
> Georges Racinet, http://www.racinet.fr
> Zope/CPS/Plone expertise, assistance & development
> GPG: 0x4862FFF7

Hi Georges

I'm the main developer of KMKey (based on CPS 3).   We have had similar
ideas, I think.   We already have a version of ZSQLCatalog adapted to work
with Zope 2.9.4, and using postgresql instead of mysql.    It needs some
more fixes, but is still working in testing environments

You can obtain it using subversion at
https://svn.forge.osor.eu/svn/kmkey/vendors/ZSQLCatalog/branches/kmkey

We also have a branch of CPSSchemas that writes to / reads from postgresql
tables data of portal_schemas market with an specific SQL attribute.   This
is working in production environments and we are planning to write adapters
for other databases

svn co https://svn.forge.osor.eu/svn/kmkey/vendors/CPSSchemas/branches/kmkey

All this works within the overall transaction, the only problem is that the
Undo feature is broken

If you find something interesting, it will be a pleasure to see some of this
features back to CPS

Best regards
--
Santi Camps