[Erp5-dev] Status of ZSQLCatalog

Racinet Georges georges at racinet.fr
Wed Jan 20 12:17:27 CET 2010

Hi there,

First post on this list, feel free to redirect If this isn't the right
place !

Let me introduce myself : I am currently the main maintainer of CPS,
the content management framework developped by Nuxeo on top of Zope 2
and CMF prior to their switch to the Java world.

I've never had the opportunity to really work myself with ZSQLCatalog,
although I've seen a few in the wild being used as a ZCatalog
replacement in CPS installations, but today might be interested with
that option.
Depending on the environment and actual usage,  such a solution can be
more effective and/or manageable than the Lucene based ZCatalog
replacement we have (NXLucene server and CPSLuceneCatalog).

Now the questions :

    - is ZSQLCatalog considered an active project ? There are recent
changesets in svn, but that doesn't really look like active development.
    - what is the transactional behaviour ? Am I right to think it's
simply not part of the overall transaction ? Any plans to leverage
something like z3c.sqlalchemy (provides two-phase commit out of the
box) ?
    - what are the currently supported Zope versions ? For the record,
right now, CPS runs on Zope 2.9.x (x >= 7)

Needless to say, if we were to make ZSQLAlchemy a standard option in
CPS, we would be glad to contribute.

Thanks for your attention
--
Georges Racinet, http://www.racinet.fr
Zope/CPS/Plone expertise, assistance & development