[Erp5-dev] Status of ZSQLCatalog

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leonardo at nexedi.com
Wed Jan 20 13:14:45 CET 2010

Em Qua, 2010-01-20 às 12:17 +0100, Racinet Georges escreveu:
> Hi there,

Hi Racinet,

> [...]
>
> Now the questions :
>
>     - is ZSQLCatalog considered an active project ? There are recent
> changesets in svn, but that doesn't really look like active development.

We're actively using it all the time. The lack of recent commits reflect
it's somewhat unchanging requirements.

>     - what is the transactional behaviour ? Am I right to think it's
> simply not part of the overall transaction ? Any plans to leverage
> something like z3c.sqlalchemy (provides two-phase commit out of the
> box) ?

It is transactional in as much as the ZSQLMethods involved rely on the
transactional behaviour of ZMySQLDA.

>     - what are the currently supported Zope versions ? For the record,
> right now, CPS runs on Zope 2.9.x (x >= 7)

We work with Zope 2.8 and Zope 2.12 (and nothing in between. Don't ask),
so these are the platforms we intend to support. We have tests running
on Zope 2.12, but no production deployment yet. We should have one at
some point in this year.

> Needless to say, if we were to make ZSQLAlchemy a standard option in
> CPS, we would be glad to contribute.

I take it you meant ZSQLCatalog. That would be very welcome, though if
you happen create some sort of ZSQLAlchemyMethod and get ZSQLCatalog to
work with it, that would be also very cool :-)

Cheers,

Leo