[Erp5-dev] Status of ZSQLCatalog

Racinet Georges georges at racinet.fr
Wed Jan 20 16:08:03 CET 2010

Hi Leonardo,

thanks for the quick reply.

On Jan 20, 2010, at 1:14 PM, Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:

>>    - is ZSQLCatalog considered an active project ? There are recent
>> changesets in svn, but that doesn't really look like active
>> development.
>
> We're actively using it all the time. The lack of recent commits
> reflect
> it's somewhat unchanging requirements.

Thanks, that's exactly what we needed to know.

>>    - what is the transactional behaviour ? Am I right to think it's
>> simply not part of the overall transaction ? Any plans to leverage
>> something like z3c.sqlalchemy (provides two-phase commit out of the
>> box) ?
>
> It is transactional in as much as the ZSQLMethods involved rely on the
> transactional behaviour of ZMySQLDA.

I see, still have to dig a bit in the design. In particular I didn't
realize that ZSQLMethods were so deeply involved in the process.

>>    - what are the currently supported Zope versions ? For the record,
>> right now, CPS runs on Zope 2.9.x (x >= 7)
>
> We work with Zope 2.8 and Zope 2.12 (and nothing in between. Don't
> ask),
> so these are the platforms we intend to support. We have tests running
> on Zope 2.12, but no production deployment yet. We should have one at
> some point in this year.

Best wishes for that big jump !

>> Needless to say, if we were to make ZSQLAlchemy a standard option in
>> CPS, we would be glad to contribute.
>
> I take it you meant ZSQLCatalog.

Oops, indeed.

> That would be very welcome, though if
> you happen create some sort of ZSQLAlchemyMethod and get ZSQLCatalog
> work with it, that would be also very cool :-)

For the time being, we're still evaluating options, so that's a bit
early to say, but we'd get back to you anyway
Best,
--
Georges Racinet, http://www.racinet.fr
Zope/CPS/Plone expertise, assistance & development