[Erp5-dev] Unreorganized ERP5 Documentation

Muhamad Reza muhamad.reza at infi-nity.com
Fri Sep 18 17:27:00 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Rafael Monnerat <rafael at nexedi.com> wrote:

> > I confess ERP5 is lazy to make a documentation. The documentation is
> > very important for a new users.
> Usually code goes faster than documentation for many projects. But which
> kind of documentation you think that it is missing? I'm interested to know.

1. On http://www.erp5.org/HowTo ,in section *User How-to*. The first of all
is about installation ERP5...Right ?
    I just see documentation for installing ERP5 on Mandriva.. Where is
installation documentation for Ubuntu or Windows ? Through, I know it can be
found at http://www.erp5.org/Download However, it is better if we add some
links again on http://www.erp5.org/HowTo about installation setup. For
ubuntu it should be refer to http://www.raskon.org/trac/erp5/wiki/Erp5Ubuntu

    One more thing, Installation using buildout for Ubuntu was successfully
installed.But, Why on http://www.erp5.org/HowToUseBuildout still
experimental ? See installation for Ubuntu
http://www.raskon.org/trac/erp5/wiki/Erp5Ubuntu is *also *use buildout.

2. Can I request documentation about "Understanding Business Templates,
Products and Modules" ? What is the relational between them ?. I still get
confuse on it.

> Let see list of documentation links below:
> >
> > http://www.erp5.org/Documentation -----> List of all ERP5
> > documentation links.
> > http://www.erp5.org/HowTo -----> Good link about technical stuff.
> > Nevertheless, This link doesn't contatin ERP5 architectures.
> Maybe you can find more documentation at http://www.myerp5.com/kb, like:
>
> - https://www.myerp5.com/kb/developer-Forum.Tutorial
> - https://www.myerp5.com/kb/developer-How.To.Become.ERP5.Developer/view
>
> There is also some presentations, there that can introduce you the ERP5
> Architecture, you can use the search.

Unfortunately , Not all of them contains presentation. Some of them just
contain a screenshots what they've done. and not the real tutorial.

> > http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/ERP5_Handbook -----> This link contains
> > architecture of ERP5, and also security model.This documentation link
> > is very poor. I've opened among 3 months but it still not complete.
> > Nothing something new on this link.
> >
> I don't know if the creators still updating or maintained it.
>
> Hmm.... so do I..

> > On the other hand, ERP5 documentation can be found in
> > http://cps.erp5.org/sections/erp/
> > cps.erp5.org <http://cps.erp5.org> is the old ERP5 links. but, why
> > developer not reorganized ?
> This contains really old stuff, all relevant content here should be
> already moved to wiki. If you find something not migrated you can
> migrate yourself also (everyone can edit the wiki) or you can send a
> mail to this mailing list, people will verify

Yup, I know that http://wiki.erp5.org/ refer to http://www.erp5.org/

Best Regards,

Reza

--
exodream - beyond a dream
Everyone has rights to get what they expect.

----Free Software is better than Open Source----
Why ? See www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html

Join Free Software Foundation at
https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom/join_fsf?
Take all of advantages by Joining FSF. Join Now !!

i n f i n i t y . s o l u t i o n (www.infi-nity.com) - pt. vikasa infinity
anugrah
bsd city sektor 14 - ruko golden madrid g/9 - tangerang 15321 - indonesia
t: +62 (21) 5316 4796  f: +62 (21) 5316 4797 m:+62 816 956207
Contact me at + 62 878 3229 5036