[Erp5-dev] Unreorganized ERP5 Documentation

Rafael Monnerat rafael at nexedi.com
Fri Sep 18 16:07:51 CEST 2009

Muhamad Reza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I trying all of ERP5 have. I got a lot of problem about the
> documentations.
>
> I confess ERP5 is lazy to make a documentation. The documentation is
> very important for a new users.
Usually code goes faster than documentation for many projects. But which
kind of documentation you think that it is missing? I'm interested to know.

> I confuse with ERP5 documentation. ERP5 documentation is spread among
> a lot of links.
>
> Let see list of documentation links below:
>
> http://www.erp5.org/Documentation -----> List of all ERP5
> documentation links.
> http://www.erp5.org/HowTo -----> Good link about technical stuff.
> Nevertheless, This link doesn't contatin ERP5 architectures.
Maybe you can find more documentation at http://www.myerp5.com/kb, like:

- https://www.myerp5.com/kb/developer-Forum.Tutorial
- https://www.myerp5.com/kb/developer-How.To.Become.ERP5.Developer/view

There is also some presentations, there that can introduce you the ERP5
Architecture, you can use the search.

> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/ERP5_Handbook -----> This link contains
> architecture of ERP5, and also security model.This documentation link
> is very poor. I've opened among 3 months but it still not complete.
> Nothing something new on this link.

I don't know if the creators still updating or maintained it.

> On the other hand, ERP5 documentation can be found in
> http://cps.erp5.org/sections/erp/
> cps.erp5.org <http://cps.erp5.org> is the old ERP5 links. but, why
> developer not reorganized ?
This contains really old stuff, all relevant content here should be
already moved to wiki. If you find something not migrated you can
migrate yourself also (everyone can edit the wiki) or you can send a
mail to this mailing list, people will verify.

> I'm sorry if I criticize about ERP5 documentation. but, it's really
> unrecognized and not up-to date.

Regards,