[Erp5-dev] Unreorganized ERP5 Documentation

Łukasz Nowak luke at nexedi.com
Fri Sep 18 16:08:39 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 20:34 +0700, Muhamad Reza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I trying all of ERP5 have. I got a lot of problem about the
> documentations.
>
> I confess ERP5 is lazy to make a documentation. The documentation is
> very important for a new users.
>
> I confuse with ERP5 documentation. ERP5 documentation is spread among
> a lot of links.
>
> Let see list of documentation links below:
>
> http://www.erp5.org/Documentation -----> List of all ERP5
> documentation links.
> http://www.erp5.org/HowTo -----> Good link about technical stuff.
> Nevertheless, This link doesn't contatin ERP5 architectures.
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/ERP5_Handbook -----> This link contains
> architecture of ERP5, and also security model.This documentation link
> is very poor. I've opened among 3 months but it still not complete.
> Nothing something new on this link.

Handbook is discontinued. It was started some time ago as community
project, some parts were merged with wiki and KB, but I checked and
there are no new entries, so I added note about it.

> On the other hand, ERP5 documentation can be found in
> http://cps.erp5.org/sections/erp/
> cps.erp5.org is the old ERP5 links. but, why developer not
> reorganized ?

There is also KB - https://www.myerp5.com/kb/ - which contains a lot of
documentation categorised and updated.

> I'm sorry if I criticize about ERP5 documentation. but, it's really
> unrecognized and not up-to date.

There is enormous amount of documentation about ERP5 relating to
different aspects of system. We are trying hard to categorise this
documents to provide the best possible starting point for community.
Your feedback is valuable for as we know what are the most important
works to do. Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Best Regards,
Luke