[Erp5-users] Appliance Buildout succeeded...

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leonardo at nexedi.com
Thu Apr 7 17:09:26 CEST 2011

Hi Joris,

Em Qui, 2011-04-07 às 12:20 +0200, Joris van de Berg escreveu:
> 2011/4/1 Yusei TAHARA <yusei at nexedi.com>:
> >
> > There are some changes very recently. And due to it, some proxy fields are
> > broken on your erp5 site. You need erp5_core_proxy_field_legacy. It should
> > be installed together with erp5_core automatically, but it is not done yet.
>
> Hi Yusei,
>
> Thank you very much.  I installed erp5_core_proxy_field_legacy and now
> the portal_categories looks fine.  However...
>
> I can now add some categories.  But pretty soon I'm no longer able to
> modify the category IDs.  Screenshot:
>
> http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4381/screenshotubuntu1004lts.png

In your screenshot, you see that there is a little clock icon in the
upper right corner. It means that are background activities pending on
the object you're trying to set the id.

Background activities are used in ERP5 so as not to keep you waiting for
things like updating the internal ERP5 search engine.

In ERP5, changing the id of an object means renaming it, which changes
it's URL path. Since background activities are located by URL path, the
system disallows you to make changes until all background activities are
finished, so that they run correctly.

To make sure you can rename a category, first wait (i.e. click on the
View tab) until the little clock has disappeared, then change only the
category ID, so that other changes don't cause further background
activities.

Cheers,

Leo