[Erp5-users] What companies provide Erp5 Technical Support since Nexedi doesn't?

MLO yeshappytrader at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 03:12:48 CET 2011

Hello,

I think the greater issue is what you stated:

"So, yes, Arnaud did loose faith and stopped answering. It's human
afterall, and he was only volunteering for this task."

Whats the point in having a " Erp5-Users Mailing List" if your not
HONESTLY going to answer questions?

Why hold yourselves out as a open source, pro-Community, entity?

People have lost, and are losing faith in Nexedi!

This quote has you guys nailed and was written in 2007:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.zope.erp5.general/738

I always got the impression that ERP5 was just barely open source. The
source is there and you can use/copy it but good luck getting started
with it. All roads lead to paying Nexedi money to help you learn or
implement it and from what I can tell this is by design. Most of the
questions here are answered by Nexedi: Jerome, Jean-Paul, Yoshinori,
etc. and few others because there is little reason for anyone to get
involved when the barrier to entry is so high. What good is an open
source ERP if you are still going to be beholden to one company to keep
your factory running?

WHY IS THE ABOVE STILL TRUE TODAY?

I actually called Nexedi, and got vaugeness as answers to questions about
training
myself.  I was told I would have to hire Nexedi Consultants with a 1 year
minimum
but UNDER THE CONDITION that NEXEDI WONT GUARANTEE the end results.

WTF?!?!

Does anyone know of any companies out there whom HONESTLY will provide
CONCRETE SUPPORT for Erp5??