[Erp5-users] Buildout-based installation?

Jérome Perrin jerome at nexedi.com
Wed May 13 16:11:35 CEST 2009

Hello,

Thanks for feedback

Le mercredi 13 mai 2009 à 14:47 +0200, Laurent DAVERIO a écrit :
> 2 / After installing a lot of modules and products, the process fails
> with the following message :
>
> """
> error: Setup script exited with error: command 'cc' failed with exit
> status 1
> An error occured when trying to install itools 0.20.6.Look above this
> message for any errors thatwere output by easy_install.
> While:
>   Installing erp5_instance.
>   Getting distribution for 'itools==0.20.6'.
> Error: Couldn't install: itools 0.20.6
> """
>
> A workaround could be to install itools manually, but this is
> precisely what the buildout wants to avoid...

itools 0.20.6 cannot be installed on 64bits machines, because of a bug
in itools setup.
A simple workaround is to use itools 0.20.2, either by hacking
profiles/versions.cfg or adding this section in your buildout:

  [versions]
  extends = profiles/versions.cfg
  itools = 0.20.2

itools 0.20.2 looks working, but Localizer 1.2.3 requires itools >=
0.20.6 according to it's README. Anyway, it also requires Zope 2.9, but
this buildout uses Zope 2.8 ...

There might be an alternative solution using zc.recipe.egg:custom and
specifying include-dirs. I'll try this and report back.

Also we could try to have this fixed in a new itools release, apparently
the 0.20 branch is still maintained.

Jérome