[Erp5-users] Buildout-based installation?

Laurent DAVERIO daverio at cri.ensmp.fr
Wed May 13 14:47:53 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

here is a short report of what I get on my test server (FreeBSD
6.4-PRERELEASE amd64) :

1/ The process first gets stuck in the "Installing products-other" step.
In reality, there should be a prompt asking if you want to accept a
certificate for *.plone.org. Press RETURN if you want to see the prompt
(but then you'll have to run the buildout again), or "p" + RETURN if you
want to accept it permanently and go on.

2 / After installing a lot of modules and products, the process fails
with the following message :

"""
error: Setup script exited with error: command 'cc' failed with exit
status 1
An error occured when trying to install itools 0.20.6.Look above this
message for any errors thatwere output by easy_install.
While:
  Installing erp5_instance.
  Getting distribution for 'itools==0.20.6'.
Error: Couldn't install: itools 0.20.6
"""

A workaround could be to install itools manually, but this is precisely
what the buildout wants to avoid...

Hope this helps,

Laurent.