[Erp5-users] Evaluating ERP5 - which Zope version?

Jean-Noël Rivasseau elvanor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 11:33:40 CEST 2009

Hello,

I want to install ERP5 to evaluate it (I am particularly interested in
finding out how advanced the payroll module is).
I tried the LiveCD (on a VM) but once it is booted there is no /var/lib/zope
folder so I cannot start up Zope. Something is probably going wrong but as
it is Mandriva I have not much experience (I really dislike the concept of a
LiveCD to try out ERP5).

I am on Gentoo and would much prefer to install from sources. Thus my
question is: which version of Zope is recommended?

On Gentoo zope-2.10.7 is marked as stable but 3.3.1 is available in unstable
too. The additional Zope modules needed for ERP5 are available too.

Do you still need to apply a patch to the vanilla Zope install?

Thanks for helping,

--
Jean-Noël Rivasseau