[Erp5-users] Issues evaluating ERP5 for review

Rafael Monnerat rafael at nexedi.com
Tue Feb 26 15:23:36 CET 2008

FB wrote:
> Hi, I am a university student of the Politecnico di Milano (Italy). My
> thesis is about open source ERPs, I must classify currently available
> solutions according to technology used, functional coverage etc.

Nice News.

>     * Are ERP5 RPMs compatible with Ubuntu (the distro I use)? If so,
>       how do I make them work?

3 choices to install on ubuntu:

Install from sources (I do not recommend it)
Use debian packages (It manteined by someone from poland, I think)

Use ERP5 Installer for Linux with these tips:

"To make it works at UBUNTU (7.04, 7.10 and 8.04) you have to delete
libmysql files at /opt/erp5/lib."

You can find it at: http://www.erp5.org/Download

I prefer the ERP5 Installer :)