[Erp5-users] Unable to [seamlessly] create a CMF portal after installation of CMFType (and other ERP5 products)

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Fri Jun 17 09:45:15 CEST 2005

Thanks for your email.  I think this is more erp5-dev related.

However, I would like to answer as follows:
	- most ERP5 products were designed with the idea of using them on standard
CMF sites
	- however, as you found out, some CMF patches we did are preventing that.
Most of the patches are necessary to provide high speed performance on
large ERP5 systems (multi million CMF documents)

In your case, my suggestion is the following:
	- look at in countResults in Products.ERP5Type.ZopePatch, line 389 (what
you did)
	- look at countResults implementation in ZSQLCatalog
	- try to implement countResults for standard Zope ZCatalog
	- provide your implementation as a dynamic patch for standard ZCatalog. We
will integrate it to Products.ERP5Type.ZopePatch.

Another approach would be to add some switches to
Products.ERP5Type.ZopePatch so that countResults is only used with ERP5
catalog classes.

The first approach is in theory better for performance if ZCatalog has the
ability to count results of a query. The second approach is much faster to
do.

JPS.