[Erp5-users] Just a splash window...

Bartłomiej Górny bartek at gorny.najlepsze.pl
Thu Jan 20 15:17:38 CET 2005

Yoshinori Okuji wrote:
> On Thursday 20 January 2005 10:16, Bartłomiej Górny wrote:
>
>>The problem is not in that ERP5 is a framework and not a complete
>>out-of-the box app; the problem is in that the it refuses to work,
>>barebone or not, no matter if you install it from rpm-s, checkout the
>>CVS version or whatever. Apparently the various pieces of which the
>>whole ERP5 is made of are being developed separately and current
>>versions are not compatible with each other, correct me if I'm wrong.
>>What we need (or, more precisely, what I think I need) is just a set
>>of packages that fit each other, so that I can start up a barebone
>>site and work from there.
>

> It works gracefully if you use Mandrakelinux 10.1. The problem is only
> that there is no usable business template for this version, but this
> does not matter if you just need a barebone site. What is your problem?

It's a long story :) I kept on running into a lot of problems, like:
ZCatalog::catalog_object was receiving too many arguments (it did not
expecte update_metadata argument)
FolderMixIn has no attribute _setLastId
CMFDefault.PortalGenerator::setupDefaultProperties - wrong numer of
arguments
In some places the object generator was returning object of a proper
name, but from wrong package, which led to errors. In other cases it
complained about a lack of methods from .zsql files in sql/erp5_mysql
catalog, which were defined somewhere else.

And the last one, the one that defeated me, just when I managed to
successfully add an ERP5 site and see its main screen, was that the
createCategoryAccessors function seemed to create accessors for some of
the objects, but not all, which resulted in the site throwing errors
like 'attribute getWhatever not found' or 'attribute _setWhatever not
found'.

I'm running Mandrake 10.0/10.1. My understanding of the problem is that
I need a set of appropriate versions of all necessary products - I
experimented with changing versions of CMF and ERP packages, but to no
avail, only the set of errors was different. So, could you tell me
exactly which ones to get? Or, if the problem is somewhere else, please
advice.

Bartek Górny

> YO
> --
> Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi Research Director
> Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Free / Open Source Software
> http://www.nexedi.com
> ERP5: Free / Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies
> http://www.erp5.org
> Storever: OpenBrick, WiFi infrastructure, notebooks and servers
> http://www.storever.com

"Good evening. Tonight 'Spectrum' looks at one of the major problems in
the world today - that old vexed question of what is going on. Is there
still time to confront it, let alone solve it, or is it too late?"