[Erp5-dev] getSimulationState - strage behaviour on ZEO cluster

Patrick Prodöhl patrick.prodoehl at logica.com
Fri Apr 9 16:47:02 CEST 2010

Hi Bartek,

"> invoices returns different results depending on the Zope instance!"

I don't know if this is still the case, but some time ago when working with
ERP5 and ZEO, you had to ensure that each zeo-instance was started
completely before starting the next instance. Spend a look into the instance
log (zopectl logtail) and wait for the first instance to be started
completely before initiating the next instance.
Maybe this solves your issue: Would be great to get some feedback if it
worked for you or not...

- Patrick

Am 09.04.10 16:29 schrieb "Bartek Gorny" unter <bartek at gorny.edu.pl>:

> Hi
>
> I have a small installation of ERP5 running on ZEO - three Zope
> instances working with the same ZEO server. Usually it works fine, but
> now I observed a very strange behavior: getSimulationState on some
> invoices returns different results depending on the Zope instance!
>
> When I check an invoice on each instance, it looks the same - it has
> the same data. It has the same workflow history too, and the history
> says the invoice has been stopped. But /getSimulationState returns
> "stopped" on one instance and "draft" on two other instances. And
> reindexing the invoice changes its state in the catalog, depending on
> which instance the reindex is run.
>
> It seems very strange, since all the instances are sharing the same
> database, so they are supposed to access exactly the same data. Any
> clue where to look for the problem?
>
> Bartek

Patrick Prodöhl | Consultant
Nockherstraße 2-4, 81541 München | Germany
M: +49 178 9277 942
patrick.prodoehl at logica.com <mailto:patrick.prodoehl at logica.com> |
www.logica.de <http://www.logica.de/>
Logica Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG
Zettachring 4, 70567 Stuttgart; Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 722072
Persönlich haftender Gesellschafter: Logica Deutschland Verwaltungs GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Torsten Straß (Vors.) | Steven Blythe | Eric Guyot | Olaf
Scholz | Oliver Starzonek | Dr. Alexander Wurdack
Handelsregister: AG Stuttgart HRB 724084

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  / Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. /  Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.