[Erp5-dev] getSimulationState - strage behaviour on ZEO cluster

Bartek Gorny bartek at gorny.edu.pl
Fri Apr 9 16:29:57 CEST 2010

Hi

I have a small installation of ERP5 running on ZEO - three Zope
instances working with the same ZEO server. Usually it works fine, but
now I observed a very strange behavior: getSimulationState on some
invoices returns different results depending on the Zope instance!

When I check an invoice on each instance, it looks the same - it has
the same data. It has the same workflow history too, and the history
says the invoice has been stopped. But /getSimulationState returns
"stopped" on one instance and "draft" on two other instances. And
reindexing the invoice changes its state in the catalog, depending on
which instance the reindex is run.

It seems very strange, since all the instances are sharing the same
database, so they are supposed to access exactly the same data. Any
clue where to look for the problem?

"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"