[Erp5-dev] Duplicated Base_doAction

Rafael Monnerat rafael at nexedi.com
Wed Dec 26 17:11:30 CET 2007

Pelletier Vincent escreveu:
> Le Mercredi 26 Décembre 2007 16:31, Rafael Monnerat a écrit :
>> I found two Base_doAction scripts at erp5_core and erp5_xhtml_style. By
>> hierarchy at portal_skins the version at erp5_xhtml_style is used. It
>> means that at erp5_core should be removed.
>
> IIRC, this is a remain from the erp5_html_style to erp5_xhtml_style
> transition. Some erp5_core scripts were modified in an incompatible way, and
> so were put in erp5_xhtml_style to avoid breaking existing sites using
> erp5_html_style.
>
> Problem is that removing it cannot be protected by dependancies, because
> erp5_core must not depend on erp5_xhtml_style.
>
> What can theoreticaly be done is moving this file from erp5_core to
> erp5_html_style.
> And maybe moving the one from erp5_xhtml_style to erp5_core - but I believe
> this script is quite tightly related to HTML interface, so it might not be a
> good idea to put it in erp5_core.

I think this should be unified or kept erp5_html_style and
erp5_xhtml_style using his diferent scripts in his skin folders.

My suggestion is:

If is not possible unified (or not good idea), move duplicated scrips
from erp5_core to erp5_html_style and make erp5_core depends from one
erp5_view_style.

Rafael Monnerat