[Erp5-dev] Moved Data.fs/parts of it - problems with site

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Wed Nov 28 09:44:25 CET 2007

Hello,

When I moved Data.fs or imported/exported by zexp parts of another site
to my development site I've got such problems, while accessing imported
modules:

===
This object is broken because the ERP5Type product that created it is
no longer installed or is installed incorrectly. Please contact the
product maintainer for assistance.

Note that the data associated with this product has not been lost, and
will be accessible again if the product is reinstalled.
===

But this instance, when site is created by hand is working correctly,
without any problems. There is not trail in logs or zopectl fg about
any problems.

Sometimes few restarts of Zope helps, but problem is re-appearing.

Removing all but Data.fs do not helps.

Removing all .pyc do not helps. (Well - helps for a while...)

Packing Data.fs do not helps.

This problem is sometimes appears just after starting zope or after
few minutes/hours working in zope. And sometimes disappears without any

I heard, that Data.fs is quite compatible - it might be moved from one
architecture to another, from one to another version. In my case I'm
moving Data.fs (or its parts) from 32-bit to 32-bit, from:

(Zope 2.7.8-final, python 2.4.1, linux2)
2.4.1 (#2, Aug 25 2005, 18:20:57) [GCC 4.0.1 (4.0.1-2mdk for Mandriva
Linux release 2006.0)]

to:

(Zope 2.7.8-final, python 2.4.4, linux2)
2.4.4 (#2, Apr 5 2007, 20:11:18) [GCC 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease)
(Debian 4.1.1-21)]

Has anyone spotted same problem? Any suggestions, what might be wrong?

I've got ERP5Type product, so cited above text is quite cryptic for me.

``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.