[Erp5-dev] BaseTrade*_FiledLibrary - date-time fields

Shresth K shresth.k at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 17:35:43 CEST 2007

Read everything at this link. Made it work. Can see the diff. But still
don't know how to extract/send that diff so as  to submit a patch.

On 19/06/07, Łukasz Nowak <lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Dnia 19-06-2007, wto o godzinie 17:11 +0530, Shresth K napisał(a):
>
> >> Hm. Why they shall be needed?
> >
> > How else can users make their date order defined in preferences, be
> > effective in other modules that they access?
>
> You're right. I wasn't using it *and* misread your problem. I've seen it
> is not working, but I think, that it wouldn't be needed to put such data
> in every DateTime field. Maybe it is something obsolete or not yet
> implemented...

As I can see that Base*_FieldLibrary already provides a central location to
effect the changes througout Purchase, Sale or the like, I am yet not aware
of any other way of effecting such a configuration. Hence, one is not
required to "put such data in every DateTime field" . Yet I would like to
know if there is any better and yet a lower level setting that can make
things easier.

As for the patch, I managed to successfully work my way through erp5_forge
and subversion and can see the diff as well but still don't know how can I
submit such a diff output as a patch. Any help is most welcome.

Thanks,
Shresth