[Erp5-users] Fork Erp5

MLO yeshappytrader at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 19:49:35 CET 2011

Bartek,

You said:

"Otherwise - if you are not happy about it and would really like this
project to have an active developer and user community - please state
what you are going to do to make it happen. Open Source is truly not
magic - just sitting there and complaining that people do not
contribute won't do the trick. There are thousands of successful OS
projects out there, and it is not a rocket science - it is not
difficult to learn what it takes to make an OS project at least
developer-friendly. This book: http://producingoss.com/ can be a good
start.

Please answer - and let's have it settled once and for good.

Bartek"

A Fork of Erp5 where the Forked Erp5 provides just the very basics of what
the current
" Nexedi Erp5 Community " does not support.

Bartek, its hard to have "Community Support" when the "Community" has no
true " Community Leader ".

How can this be accomplished:

Set up a public fund where companies/interested individuals can contribute
whatever amounts for a lead Developer(s) to develop the VERY BASICS of what
Erp5.org pretends to be:

*Anybody's Suggestions/Ideas are welcome in addition to

*Real Documentation - Just a tad more detail than what we've seen

*Real FUNCTIONING How To's

*Real configuration file examples - This is what I posted back in December
2010:

*http://mail.tiolive.com/pipermail/erp5-users/20101228/001344.html*

Despite yesterday's flame war still no SAMPLE FUNCTIONING supervisor.conf
file examples have been made available.  I say this to say even in a
Community
you have leaders leading the community.

Maybe a Forked Erp5 can foster such.

Can a better way be created ?