[Erp5-users] What happened to it? --> http://www.raskon.org/trac/erp5/wiki/Erp5Ubuntu

Boris Kocherov bk at raskon.org
Mon Nov 22 17:25:33 CET 2010

Witam,

 If i correctly understand you there are 2 problems in
 branching/merging/patching of erp5.

 1. The fluff which zope adds to valuable changes and which "differs widely
 depending on version of zope, version of erp5 and whatnot". As i see in
 general it does not lead to conflicts though it litters patches. Before
 commit  i use python shell script for cleaning. It's ugly  but available at
 http://www.raskon.org/hg/erp5-buildout/file/e8104b02e9be/bin/clean_repo
 . I know Nexedi has  similar functionality and i am going to have a look.

 2. The second problem is conflicts in bt revision files. Each bt has file
 containg the bt revision number. My solution was to remove this files from
 tracking. I have a plugin for Mercurial which autogenerates the revision
 number based on changeset hex_revision. Same hook is necessary for Git now.

Best regards,
    Boris Kocherov

--
Crisis had come unexpectedly, just as winter comes unexpectedly to
Russia every year.