[Erp5-users] Reindex catalog errors and problems

bartek bartek at erp5.pl
Mon Mar 10 10:03:30 CET 2008

Daniel Scharfman wrote:
> Should I ignore the security stuff while I'm starting and just run
> everything as user zope?  Seeing so many things as being in draft form
> (unvalidated) was annoying me.  I figured I should create Assignor users
> to start validating things.

Depends what you want to do. Creating someone who would have Assignor
role is a good idea, also because as you noticed sometimes there are
things which by default Manager user can not do, like validating stuff.
If you want to set up one simple role definition, like
"user-with-role-internal-is-Assignor-no-matter-what" then it is indeed
pretty simple. It will also let you easily hide modules you don't want
to use for now. But, you can also play with everything else as zope, or
create some other Manager users in acl_users at the server level, and
play with security later.

Bartek

--
"feelings affect productivity. (...) unhappy people write worse
software, and less of it."