[Erp5-users] Problems after installing modules

Pelletier Vincent vincent at nexedi.com
Mon Feb 18 16:47:31 CET 2008

Le Lundi 18 Février 2008 14:16, Carl Anthony a écrit :
> Now that I have got myself into this pickle, can I remove
> erp_html_style easily without needing to start all over again creating
> another site ?

You can go to portal_skins ZMI and remove erp5_html_style from the skin
selections (removing from "View" should be enough).
Then you'll be able to reach all scripts of erp5_xhtml_style, and it should be
back to normal. Otherwise it means that there is another skin to disable...
Note that erp5_html_compatibility is part of xhtml business template, so you
shouldn't have to disable it (...and doing so might break things even more,
though easily revesible).
Then you can uninstall html_style BT.

> Also, how can I now delete the other sites that I have had to abandon
> when I encountered the same problem ?

You can just delete them from the ZMI at zope's root, just like a regular zope
document.
Note that due to caches in multiple places it's not supported to have more
than one ERP5 instance per zope.

> Finally, the million dollar question is:  why is erp_html_style still
> left lying around in the svn repo if its no longer being updated ?

2-cents answer: 42 :)

I guess we need a policy about deprecation. Your remark also applies to some
products, sadly (though in their case it's more obvious that they must not be
installed, and it's easier to fix).

> thanks again,

You're welcome.

--