[Erp5-users] Installing ERP5 on Zope 2.8 / Python 2.4 / FreeBSD

Yusei TAHARA yusei at nexedi.com
Mon Feb 18 11:08:32 CET 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:13:14 +0100
Laurent DAVERIO <daverio at cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
(snip)
> Up to now, no combination of Localizer (0.x, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2) and itools
> (0.7, 0.8, ...) has allowed me get Zope 2.8 to start. In addition, one
> of my other sites is already using Localizer 1.1 + itools 0.8, and any
> other version of itools breaks the site, but this is anpother problem.

virtualenv package might be useful for you.
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv

And about Localizser and itools, I think it is better to extract source
files from rpm packages. (alien --to-tgz erp5-Localizer-1.1.0-9mdv2007.1.noarch.rpm)

> Trying to leave the Localizer aside, and go on with the installation of
> ERP5 from SVN, I get other errors, e.g. Zope complaining about not
> finding the Erp5Diff product.

ERP5Diff is not a zope product, it is a python packages. you can get it
from http://svn.erp5.org/erp5/trunk/utils/erp5diff/

> Now, I'm under the impression, after reading some mails in in the
> erp5-reports mailing list, that there exists, somewhere, a specific
> branche of ERP5 for Zope 2.8 (namely, some messages are tagged
> "ERP5_z28"), but I see no trace of it in the public SVN repository.

I believe we don't have a zope2.8 specific branch.

Yusei TAHARA <yusei at nexedi.com>