[Erp5-users] Re: [Erp5-dev] Sample Data for Live CD ERP5 Site

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Fri Feb 4 16:12:19 CET 2005

Le Jeudi 3 Février 2005 20:35, Gopal Santhanam a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> After trying to struggle with the RPMs, I was glad to see the release of
> the Live CD.  I got it up and running with relatively little effort and
> I am able to see the sample ERP5 modules.  The software looks very
> promising.
>
> However, it would be great for evaluation purposes to have the ERP5
> sample site populated with sample data.  I can try to populate it myself
> but it wouldn't be quite the same as having oodles of transactions for
> testing.
>
> Is it possible for the maintainers to post some sample data along with
> quick instructions on how to load it into my environment?  I'm hoping to
> finish my evaluation soon so the earlier I could get my hands on sample
> data the better.

The problem is that nobody wants to finance the implementation of sample
data and the cost (time, resources), is the same as for a real site. Also,
it is forbidden by law and contract to publish the data of real ERP5 users.

So, for now, we first write documentation so that sample data can then be
made by community effort.

JPS.