[Erp5-dev] person and vat code

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Thu Feb 5 15:12:43 CET 2009

Hi,

Please read again my reply.
    - a Person has a tax code (which is very different from a vat_code)
    - a Person can not have a vat_code (unless you give me an example of
VAT code for a physical person which is not doing any business besides
being a consumer)
    - the only way to represent a "Person acting as a Business" is to
use an Organisation. Lawyers, doctors, etc. must create in ERP5 an
Organisation to represent their Law office, medical office, etc. wich
are different from their Person.
    - tax_code is missing in ERP5 property sheets (for both Organisation
and Person)

The only remaining issue for now is how to call "tax_code" with an
appropriate name. Candidates are:
    - fiscal_code (I prefer this one)
    - tax_code

The definition of "fiscal_code" is "a unique identifier provided by the
tax administration for any individual or organisation subject to revenue
tax". This means a unique identifier provided by the ministry of finance
in most countries.

The definition of "vat_code" is "a unique identifier provided by the tax
administration for any organisation subject to value added tax".

The definition of "registration_code" is "a unique identifier provided
by the incorporation authority to any organisation doing business".

The definition of "social_code" is "a unique identifier provided by the
social wellfare authority to entities which are contributing to or
benefitting from the social wellfare system".

In most countries, the numbers are different. In some clever countries,
they are unique.

In the case of Poland, there is at least:
    - fiscal_code (NIP) - for Person & Organisation
    - social_code (PISEN) - for Person & Organisation
    - vat_code (EC VAT Numbver) - for Organisation only