[Erp5-dev] person and vat code

Vera Kurpas vk at raskon.ru
Thu Feb 5 12:32:32 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 17:32 +0100, Bartek Gorny wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just noticed that the Organisation property sheet provides a
> vat_code property, but the Person property sheet does not, so a person
> has no vat_code. The Person has only a "social_code".

> I don't know about France, but in Poland every organisation and every
> person has a Tax Identification Number (NIP), which in case of a
> person is used e.g. for filing annual tax forms, and of an
> organisation for vat settlements, invoicing and everything else. Also,
> if someone starts doing business and pays VAT, he uses his personal
> NIP for vat settlements. In many accounting, financial, trade and
> other applications NIP is used to property identify a
> person/organisation and to make sure it is unique system-wide.

> As far as the "social code" is concerned - I don't know what it is in
> France, but in Poland I'd interpret is as the PESEL number, which is a
> unique number assigned to every citizen - and this would be
> consistent, because organisations do not have PESELs.
The same situation is in Russia except the fact that person can have VAT
number even he does not carry on business for better salary tax
registration. VAT is mandatory required for someone who starts doing
business. VAT for Person differ from Company VAT by quantity of numbers.
The presence of the social code is obligatory for every citizen.

> So, the question is: is it similar in other countries? If so, would it
> be a good idea to give a vat_code to a Person type and catalog it?
I think vat_code should be in Person form and be catalogued for search
and sorting purposes.