[Erp5-dev] multi-relation editor

bartek bartek at erp5.pl
Mon Jul 7 16:19:47 CEST 2008

Boris Kocherov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does the "tool for editing many-to-many relations" mean "widget for
> editing 'many-to-many relation' fields"?

Yes.

> Does this widget support search on different fields?

In a sense, yes - it searches by what is displayed.

> Does this widget support multipage mode?

No.

> IMHO "many-to-many relation field" and "one-to-many relation field" use
> the same widget.

You mean, in Django or in ERP5? In Django it is configurable, you can
use classic "select multiple" or the widget.

Bartek

> Regards,
>   Boris Kocherov
>
> bartek пишет:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I found out that Django's "admin" tool has a wonderful tool for editing
>> many-to-many relations (see attached screenshot). It is fully JS-driven,
>> does pretty much the same as our MultiRelationStringField, but has a
>> number of advantages:
>>
>> - much more intuitive, therefore faster to learn
>> - works much faster (meaning: instantly)
>> - less server load, since all operations are done locally in browser
>>
>> Maybe it would be worth considering to use this, or similar, tool in ERP5?
>>
>> Bartek

"feelings affect productivity. (...) unhappy people write worse
software, and less of it."
Karl Fogel, "Producing Open Source Software"