[Erp5-dev] multi-relation editor

bartek bartek at erp5.pl
Mon Jul 7 15:10:22 CEST 2008

Hello,

I found out that Django's "admin" tool has a wonderful tool for editing
many-to-many relations (see attached screenshot). It is fully JS-driven,
does pretty much the same as our MultiRelationStringField, but has a
number of advantages:

- much more intuitive, therefore faster to learn
- works much faster (meaning: instantly)
- less server load, since all operations are done locally in browser

Maybe it would be worth considering to use this, or similar, tool in ERP5?

"feelings affect productivity. (...) unhappy people write worse
software, and less of it."
Karl Fogel, "Producing Open Source Software"