[Erp5-dev] Experimental repository documentation structure

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Thu Mar 20 23:04:27 CET 2008

Hi,

I think it is a good idea for those who contributed to experimental that
they provide a bit of documentation about experimental ie.
    - explain the purpose of experimental (please let me write a
guideline for this part, what you call HowToUseExperimentalForge)
    - provide documentation for experimental stuff.

This structure (based on your suggestion):
       - HowToUseExperimental (main page containing a list of
HowToUseExperimentalXXX)
       - HowToUseExperimentalCore
       - HowToUseExperimentalXXXX
is OK in my opinion

Each HowToUseExperimentalXXX should contain a link to the SVN repository.

About the content of experimental, it contains good things which will be
integrated to the core some day. It also contains some ad hoc solutions
which solve real problems in certain case but cause more trouble in
other cases. So, it is a good idea to warn users that they should not
rely on experimental and that using experimental could well lead to data
corruption (although it is not intended to).

--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
ERP5 Enterprise: Free / Open Source ERP for Critical Applications