[Erp5-dev] Activity semaphoring/locking mechanisms, was: activate_kw for activities - how to use?

Jérome Perrin jerome at nexedi.com
Thu Mar 20 20:31:08 CET 2008

Łukasz Nowak a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> On 2008-03-11, 12:58:21
> Pelletier Vincent <vincent at nexedi.com> wrote:
>
>> Le Mardi 11 Mars 2008 12:23, Łukasz Nowak a écrit :
>>> Thank you very much. Is it ok if I update wiki with those
>>> information?
>> Sure, thanks !
>
> Done. I wrote what I understand - but please revise, as I'm sure I
> missed something and was not enough clear (this topic is quite fresh
> for me).

Hello,

I had a look at the wiki page, I'm not sure this is true. If you do:

object.activate(tag='my_tag').edit(activate_kw={'tag':'my_tag'})

activities generated by edit will *not* have the tag, this is only works
with 'newContent' method IIRC.
Some months ago we wrote the attached test and gave up making it work
because reindexObject was called internally by CMF in so many places.

What should we do ?

Jérome