[Erp5-dev] Why not catalog 'instalation state' and 'building state' of BTs?

bartek bartek at erp5.pl
Mon Mar 3 16:14:28 CET 2008

Jean-Paul Smets wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recommend you to try to use or extend Folder.searchFolder API / search
> columns in listbox to get the search / sort feature you are looking for.
>
> It should be fairly easy.

Do you mean adding to Folder.searchFolder some way to search/sort by
something which is not in the catalog? Something along the lines of
Base_sortObjectListLikeSQL?

Bartek

> The other solutions (changing state name, adding column to catalog) were
> all already discussed and rejected some while ago.
>
> Regards,
>
> JPS.
>

> Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz a écrit :
>> Ok. I understand that adding extra two fields to catalog might not be
>> very efficient since only Business Templates use them.
>> Maybe another approach would be to use existing state variables, like
>> validation state instead of installation state
>> and simulation state instead of building state for example.
>>
>> Maybe substituting validation for installation is a bit stretching the
>> meaning (although installed BT are in a way validated), but maybe just
>> enough to ease life of a developer... :D
>>
>> Mikolaj
>>
>> Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The main reason is for the 'instalation state' and 'building state'
>>> columns to be searchable.
>>>
>>> Catalogging of both would be a life saver for a manager and developer of
>>> sites containing many BT that change often (in development phase for
>>> example).
>>>
>>> And I guess both state variables could and probably would be used on
>>> some other Portal Types since they are very ... generic.
>>>
>>> Mikolaj

"feelings affect productivity. (...) unhappy people write worse
software, and less of it."
Karl Fogel, "Producing Open Source Software"