[Erp5-dev] Order Builder some questions

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Wed Oct 3 11:01:45 CEST 2007

Hello,

On 2007-09-27, 13:12:35
Łukasz Nowak <lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl> wrote:

(...)
> So this is my list of issues:
>  a) only Resources of 'resource_portal_type' will be used
>  b) using predicates to fetch resources is not implemented yet (I've
> set up dummy not existing method 'uuuk' in Test Method ID and no
> problem was given)
>  c) a) could be configured in predicates as identity criterion?
>  d) predicates might be used to select types of resources which will
> be taken by this builder - eg. if I categorise resources by it
> possibility to produce it might be used by builder which propose
> production orders? e) if b) is true when it will be supported?
>  f) if b) and d) are true will anyone help me with implementing it?
>  h) there are 9 XXX in ERP5/Document/OrderBuilder.py - are there any
> plans to fix it? and same as in f)

As I'm extending Order Builder capability for our needs I have few more
questions:
 i) is it acceptable, that invoked order builder would leave "track" of
it on created orders?
 j) what category for i) might be used on purchase, production and sale
orders? could it be causality, or there are any problems, if it would
be defined on orders?
 k) if NOT i) I'm curious how is set of order builders configured
nowadays to not interfere one with another (assuming that they are
removing deliveries created by them, which aren't "touched" on next
order builder invocation iteration)
 l) is anyone using order builders now in production? (it should be
a), but I assumed is true...) - if so, I'd love to read some about
experience

``Use the Source, Luke...''