[Erp5-dev] Registration of external documents - purchase invoices

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Wed Sep 19 15:14:45 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm looking for "the best way" [tm] to register external document -
purchase invoice to be precise - in system as ERP5 document - Purchase
Invoice Transaction in this case.

As you know I've created purchase_invoice_builder[1], which is a
automagically invoked with same parameters as sale_invoice_builder. But
right now I realised that my solution is bad - I'm not able to create
proper set of movement groups or any of predicates that will follow any
of our suppliers methods of invoicing.

For now I think that only way is to provide users productive UI which
will allow them to choose simulations, which shall be generated into
invoices. Those simulations are created by simulation system, by
Invoicing Rule, and might be fetched in similar way as its done by
PurchaseInvoiceTransaction_selectPackingListMovement script.

I'd like to create such interface, that would be accepted by upstream,
so now I'll try to share of my considerations about "External Purchase
Invoice Registration Module".

This module shall provide an interface for user to choose simulation
movements (which parent applied rule is associated with Invoice Rule)
in proper state  (eg. from at least started Purchase Packing List, but
it would be optional...) in listbox with capability to:

 - group/search movements by source/source section
 - update quantities/prices of movements while invoking Purchase
Invoice Build

Then user would build Purchase Invoice Transaction, and optionally edit
it to conform document in ERP5 with that provided by
supplier.

There are some special cases - where external invoice is related to
purchase packing list 1 to 1 (w/o costs of delivery, which aren't on
Purchase Order or Packing List) - this might be also provided by
interface, as quick invoice creation (eg. choose supplier, choose
purchase order or purchase packing list, invoke - all movement will
apply).

There might be situation where quantity of some line of
supplier's invoice will conform with simulation only in some percent
- then after creating ERP5's invoice movement's shall be split and
deffered, so it will be shown in next invocation of module.

If it possible, I'd be glad if someone would share experience in this
field - I'm sure you had to solve this problem in one or another way.

[1] http://mail.nexedi.com/pipermail/erp5-dev/2007-March/000938.html
``Use the Source, Luke...''