[Erp5-dev] remembering listbox selection from Action button

Bartek Gorny bartek at redpoint.mn.pl
Tue Mar 7 18:58:29 CET 2006

On 3/7/06, Jean-Paul Smets <jp at nexedi.com> wrote:
> Le Mardi 7 Mars 2006 15:01, Bartłomiej Górny a écrit :
> > Hi
> >
> > I thought, wouldn't it be useful if Base_doSelect, apart from applying a
> > filter, also remembered the selection a user has made manually, so that
> > it can be then used in exchange or report? So that I can check all, or
> > uncheck all, or check some items - record selection - then proceed to a
> > report or exchange tool?
> >
> > I made such change for myself, with five lines of code, and it works. I
> > can share it if anyone is interested.
> >
> > Bartek
>
> Normally, persistent selection already exists. (and is already used for
> exchange, reports, rendering charts, etc.). Each time one views a listbox,
> a selection object is created with persistent selection params which are
> reusable. So, I do not understand what is added.
>
> Can you explain more ?

When I view a listbox, then there is a persistent selection containing
what was in the listbox. But I want to select some of the items
manually, by clicking checkboxes, and then use this selection. The way
it works for copy or delete, I want it to work for export or printout.
Currently, if I select some items and then go to exchange or report
dialog, my manual selection is lost, I was looking for a way to keep
it.

Bartek