[Erp5-dev] little airplane that has problems

Bartłomiej Górny bartek at redpoint.mn.pl
Mon Jan 30 23:24:46 CET 2006

Hi

I noticed a problem in using Base_jumpToRelatedDocument in certain
situations (when the category is acquired from parent).

The sample situation is the following: I have an Accounting Transaction,
which has a 'source_section', and a RelationStringField which works
fine. Within the Transactin there are Transaction Lines, and a line has
a source_section too, which by default is the same. The 'gear' works
fine, but the 'airplane' opens a list of all objects in the whole ERP5
site. Unless I set the source_section of the transaction line to a value
different then the source_section of the transaction - then the airplane
takes me straight to the appropriate organisation.

 From what I found out so far, this happens because the 'jumpTo'
mechanism draws category value from the object's dictionary - if the
value is acquired, it is not in the dict, so jumpTo in want of something
to match the list against shows all the objects.

Is it on the buglist?

"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"