[Erp5-dev] New transition in edit_workflow ?

Yoshinori Okuji yo at nexedi.com
Wed Nov 24 16:04:02 CET 2004

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 15:38, Alexandre Boeglin wrote:
> Then, I'ld like to add something like 'edit_action', as a transition
> which would be triggered by the user (and would thus allow to add a
> comment to the transition in the workflow). This would allow to add
> info related to the object in the workflow, like 'This object was
> created as a copy of object X'.

I don't say that it is a bad idea, but it would be better to have a
different workflow rather than modifying edit_workflow.

As you know, edit_workflow is used for many portal types, and it is
triggered each time when you save a document. If you require the user
to do one more step even when the user simply wants to fix a typo, it
is too irritating. For software development, this kind of feature is
useful, but this is very inefficient for data management.

BTW, do you need to have such a comment by using a workflow really?
Doesn't it fit into a description of an object instead?

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi Research Director
ERP5: Free / Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies