[Erp5-dev] New transition in edit_workflow ?

Alexandre Boeglin alex at nexedi.com
Wed Nov 24 15:38:04 CET 2004

Hello,

For the moment, the edit workflow only has one transition, 'edit', which
is triggered by the call of the edit function on an object
(WorkflowMethod).

Thus, it is not possible to add comments in the edit wotkflow, as every
parameters passed to edit() are apply to the object itself, and not to
the workflow.

Then, I'ld like to add something like 'edit_action', as a transition
which would be triggered by the user (and would thus allow to add a
comment to the transition in the workflow). This would allow to add
info related to the object in the workflow, like 'This object was
created as a copy of object X'.

Actually, I added something like this in ERP5Type/CopySupport as I use a
transition named 'copy', but then, I think it could be usefull to have
it more generic.

What do you think about this ? Could it be usefull, or is it a bad way
to achieve this ?
Is it okay to assume from now that the edit_workflow has a transition
named 'edit_action' ?

Regards,
Alex